Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Last Day

Today I gave my last Interior Design Presentation for school.....ever. It went pretty well, and I am quite pleased with the way the project turned out. School as I have known it is over for me, except for one online final and preparing for my senior show. I will never step into a classroom, take an exam, do stupid reports over historic buildings, stay up freakishly late finishing a project, eat greasy but delicious food on campus, or spend every class with the same girls again.

The reality hasn't hit me yet becuase its summer anway, but come August I won't be relocating to Stillwater and buying books again. After Saturday, I won't see any of the 32 girls I've spent the last four years with in my design classes again. It's a little sad really, but i have to look forward becoming a grown up and making grown up friends. The one friend I'm truly going to miss the most is Ashley. Since we became better friends about 3 years ago, she's really become a best friend to me. We talk, rant, vent, and laugh about anything and everything. Although we are moving to separate towns there is still a chance we'll be living not far from eachother. Nevertheless she'll always be just a phone call away. I'm grateful for everything she's done for me, in support of me, encouraging me, laughing with me (and sometimes at me), but most importantly always letting me know that she'd be there for me if I needed her to be.

So, on this momentous occasion of my college graduation, I want to thank everyone for their support in my struggles, my triumphs and everything in betweeen. I thank my parents for believing and trusting me and also for paying for the knowledge and skills I recieved. I thank my brothers for their words of wisdom and open ears and for giving me a sense of carefree living each time I came home. To my friends who are just awesome. And finally to the man I will marry, Stephen. I thank him because he constantly stood by my side, was the only one who ever saw me crumble and cry in fear of failure, yet he also had the power to put me back together and laugh. He put stability in my life, took care of me, and showed tremendous love toward me.

The next journey of my life is starting to unfold. I'm ready but I'm timid and scared.

No comments: