Here is just some pictures I took of Chisholm this past weekend. I've wanted to take some pictures of her for awhile now, but I was always forgetting about it. I figured now was as good a time as any!
I also took some black and white film photos of her about 8 years ago on my 35mm Canon. I took those to a photo place downtown to get some prints made. I'm really excited to get those back. For being an ametaur photographer back in high school, I think they turned about pretty good. And really, I'm still an ameteur.
Thank you Pinterest...again. And thanks to BowerPower , Younghouselove, and two other blogs for thinking up this Challengefest!
I've long been looking for something to go above our bed since we repainted and got new bedding. I didn't want an actual print because I knew it would take too long to find and I might have a hard time finding just the right one.
I really like canvas and I've seen some cool simple DIY crafts using it. Like this one:
The canvas and small letters are simly just painted white.
Then she spiced it up by covering some letters in glitter.
I also considered doing something like this; Organic to tie in my bedspread. This idea got nixed because I don't have the patience and I thought it might look wierd.
Ultimately, I came back to doing something personal with letters.
While dating, and sometimes even now, Stephen and I would say that we needed "you and me" time. This consists of just the two of us spending time together with no other distractions, no tv, no games, just us. It was time to just sit and chat about things and really get to know eachother. Even now, we may see eachother everyday but sometimes we just need time away from the chores and the tv to really just talk to eachother...."you and me" time.
So, hence the reason why we decided that our DIY art would be three 14x14 canvases with the words "you & me" across them all painted white. We had trouble finding the right font and size of wood letters at Hobby Lobby and Michaels as they are the only craft stores around here, and they have really poor selection. Enter the Internet! This site was perfect. Custom font and size! They even had videos explaining how they size their letters.
Unlike the true everyday bloggers who thought up this challenge and could start and finish a project within the week, we started this project in like November and just hung it up last weekend.
We carefully chose the right size letters, spray painted the letters and the canvases seperately, and glued the letters to the canvas using a hard core fabric glue we found at Hobby Lobby. Then we simply waited a day until we hung them up with finish nails.
Looks fabulous to me!
Oh yeah... and we also finally got curtains for our bedroom! It only took us 3.5 years to finally decide it was necessary.
Now our room is starting to feel more put together. If only we could finish our bathroom soon, too!