After a couple of setbacks, 5 trips to Home Depot, and an entire day of plumbing repair, we ...well actually Stephen...finally fixed our broken pipe.
Here is the before. We cut the pipe and put a compression stop on it so we could work on getting the broken pipe out of the wall. First we had to remove this random metal plate that was nailed to the stud. We pulled from the outside and realized that one end of the pipe is actually bigger than the hole so we couldn't pull it through. Luckily, we were able to finish the break off and pull one half out from outside and one from the inside.
And here is Stephen's handy work!
Obviously...the hole isn't patched yet...nor is our carpet put back...our bed is still practically in the hallway...and camping out in the guest bedroom was only fun the first night.
Owning a home is awesome.