We started the new year off by demo-ing some of our master bathroom. Here is what the before was like.
And here is what it looks like now.
We are going to raise the ceiling of the shower about a foot. Basically, attic level. We'll need to take out the supports for the can light and move it all up so it can be ready for new drywall.
Other things we are going to do:
- Remove the old vent/light/heater
- Patch drywall
- Replace with new awesome vent/light
- Take the current light switches from this:To this: - Tear out the shower floor and replace shower pan.
- Level the floor to actually drain to our offcenter drain...instead of next to it.
- Tear out the tile of the floor.
- Re-tile everything.
- Maybe replace toilet. If we don't we will get a new toilet seat that closes gently.
- Get new flex piping and fixtures for shower
On the design side of things we plan on using some dark tile and cool mosiacs using the same design we did in our other bathroom, just darker and with brushed nickel finishes.
We are also scheming how to build in some cubby holes in between the studs instead of using corner shelves, and working on doing a small corner build-out whose soul purpose will be to put my foot on so I can shave my legs without putting my foot on the wall.