Monday, August 15, 2011

Obsessed with Pinterest or Pin Interest as I say it.

I have become addicted to yet another time waster. However, this one can actually bring some ideas to fruition. Like...find new recipes and actually make them! Cool DIY crafts that I could actually do! And all these awesome ideas all in one place! Genius!

I like to think that I'm crafty and have the motivation to make stuff.....but I don't. So I haven't made anything on my crafty or diy board...yet.

But, a girl and her hubby have to eat! So I have made a few meals and desserts from the vast inspiration that is the internet and I shall share my brief review of them for you.

These cookies were the bomb dot com! The recipe called for 1/4 of sour cream which I thought was a bit weird, but I'm convinced it was the secret ingredient. I made my cookies a bit small so the double recipe probably made like 70 cookies. Honestly, this is the best recipe ever for the best most chewy cookie!


I really like fruit smoothies and honestly, I can't believe I didn't think this up myself a long time ago. I have 9 bags of pre-made single serve smoothies ready to go in the freezer. Mine include some strawberries, blueberries and banana and some original yogurt. I decided not to get vanilla flavor just because I didn't want it to mix weird with the fruit. I had one of the concoctions on Sunday and it was awesome! All fresh and cheap!


I have made these black bean enchiladas twice. They are mighty tasty and mighty easy! Mix, roll and bake for 30 minutes, and still have plenty for leftovers! We decided the first time I made them it was a definite recipe to be kept in the rotation forever!


Greek salads are pretty easy, and I already like them, so this was a no brainer for me. Although $5 for kalamata olives is ridiculous so I nixed that from the recipe in about 2 seconds. Also, opening a whole can off chickpeas just to have a few on a salad was also not my idea of frugal. So basically this gourmet looking salad pretty much whittled down to lettuce, tomato, feta cheese and a light balsamic and oil dressing for me. Hey, it's still pretty good.

And lastly, we have these cute pizza bites. The one batch didn't make a whole lot, but that's alright I wasn't hosting a party or anything. I did have to go buy a muffin pan for this, but that's why I have a BB & B coupon so I didn't feel too guilty. These were tasty, but nothing too special. Good for finger food at a party, or a light snack/dinner.

If you want to see more of my boards or get on the Pinterest bandwagon...go here






2 comments:

Rick said...

I want some of those!!!!

Liz said...

Great pictures with the food!! Love the Pinterest, too.