Not much to really blog about lately...I should probably do a post about Christmas. If it gets to February and I still haven't done it, then just know that it was once again a great Christmas for everyone! Here is a list of some stuff that's going on around here.
1. It's really cold. We've actually put a dent in our firewood stack outside by having a few fires these past few weeks. I've also started up my car in the mornings about 5 minutes before I leave for work which I haven't done in years.
2. I'm so close to finishing my digital South Africa book. Stephen is going to do some editing for me and then it's getting uploaded and sent to the printers.
3. We ran into another hiccup with the bathroom remodel. It's been such a love/hate relationship with this bathroom. We had to take down some crown molding, so when we went to Home Depot and Lowes to get some more, the don't carry it in the correct size. Luckily, we went to a building material supplier and they had the correct shape and size. Now the issue is that we have to paint it. And I have no idea what color white to paint it to match the rest of the molding in the room. Do I try and match it? It is just painted ceiling white? Do I just paint all the molding ceiling white and not worry about matching? Are you supposed to paint your molding ceiling white or just a bright white?
4. Stephen started his 2nd term of his Masters last week. I think this time is going to be much smoother for us because now I know how we both have to adjust to each other so we don't get on each others nerves. However, we did realize that he has 5 terms to go and he only has a week off between each one (each term is 7 weeks long). It's going to be a long, tough year! But he's really smart and really awesome at achieving his goals!
5. I changed dentists after 18 years of seeing the same one. I'm really happy with my new dentist, but the transition was oddly weird.
6. We are selling Stephen's 1999 Honda Civic and it is officially on the market. If you, or anyone you know, need a little reliable car, we have just the one for you!
7. I'm glad my shows, Downton Abbey and The Bachelor, are back on. New Girl is pretty awesome too.
8. I think we're going to get a Solatube in our living. We have our consultation this weekend and I could not be more excited about the potential for some daylight in my cave of a living room!!!!
9. That's about it folks, not much going on.....