Sunday, September 1, 2013

Curb Appeal


Of all the upgrades we have done to our house so far, they have all been because it needed to be done.

Scrape off the popcorn ceiling...need.
Upgrade both bathrooms...defintely a need.
Upgrade lighting in the kitchen....need.
New roof...need.
Tear our shed and re-sod....need.

I would even say getting the solatubes put in was a need becuase it was always so dark in our living area.

But this upgrade we just did was a total and complete impulse.  An impluse that I thought about for a very long time.  I saw other houses with this in their front yard and loved the clean, crisp look of it.  I saw their ad in the little HomeMag magazine we randomly get sometimes.

So I finally decided to get a quote in June.  I guess it's a little pricey at $10 a foot, but we didn't have too much to do so it wasn't going to break the bank.  The company we used was busy this summer and the large amount of rain put him behind, but we finally had a our concrete curb edging put in this week and I am in love.




The only thing that's a bummer about it is that the edging in the front yard is almost a foot away from where the original garden edge was.  I have no idea why or how that happened. So we have some filling in to do.  We also have to extend our little rock paths that we made years ago so they will extend out to the new edge.

So yea...I thought all our outdoors projects would be done, but this makes one more.  But despite the extra work it makes for us, I still love the edging!!!




The grass will eventually grow back in.  They cut it way back do you won't have to edge or mow right next to the curbing and potentially damage it.

3 comments:

weath2007 said...

It looks great!

Liz said...

Wow!! What a difference. It does look great. And then so easy to edge around.

Deb Buschelman said...

Megan it looks great.