Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Life List

I was inspired by one of my friends in college, Laura, to start a life list. She made one called "30 Before 30". I decided to just write a bunch things down that I'd like to do in my lifetime. Although, I'm sure most of them could be accomplished within the next 5 years. I wrote them all to the side of blog so we could all follow along and I'll blog about each one I accomplish, starting with...

#4. Go to Maine
For some reason I have always wanted to visit Maine. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it's really far way from Oklahoma. Or because of the beautiful fall spectacle. Or because I imagined it to have a quintessential small town feel. My husband and I decided to go to Maine for our honeymoon 3.5 years ago. It was perfect. We went a few weeks after our wedding to take advantage of the full fall colors. They did not disappoint. Although the locals still said that the real colors would come in about 3-4 weeks.

The trip was everything I thought it was going to be. Beautiful, chilly, quaint, and perfect. The best quote from the trip was a local telling us that the only people that visit Bar Harbor Maine are "Newlyweds and Nearly deads!!"

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'll hold your hand while you donate blood. They need you-you are O neg like me!!